Sunday, August 16, 2009

The renovation continues. Although we are seeing no physical progress, there has been quite a bit of mental progress. We are in the agonizing process of reviewing our final plans and looking at the price difference, or shall I say price increase. Pete and I had everything figured out until we went home to my parents and shared our two different floor plans. We were sure the family would see how cool our ideas were and say...it's perfect! They, of course, went with the opposite plan and left us in a whirlwind of self doubt. I honestly felt 13 again when I left home today. Although the reflection is good and makes us look at options we snubbed our noses at, the self reflection is the pits. I'll save my symbolic prose for a different blog when I'm wiser.

I've made pros and cons for the two different floorplans, discovering that I’ve made equal pros and cons for each plan. No help there. I did however read something quite inspiring last week at Malaprops…”make your own mistakes for you will have no one else to blame if you don’t like the outcome”.

No comments:

Post a Comment