Monday, August 10, 2009

Progress!

The poo is gone and so are our winged friends...hooray!! We spent most of the weekend prepping our upstairs guest room for painting. The windows were in bad shape and a couple of holes needed to be patched. Thanks to Pete's skills he took care the patching and it looks great. Thanks Pete! Tonight we began painting, which is so gratifying. We have a ways to go but the results so far are nice. The paint color is called "fond memory" which is totally ironic because it is the color we used in our old guest bedroom. I was having fond memories of AC today when I was sweating my ass off in our 100 year old home painting the walls.

They did more demolition today creating the hallway from the kitchen to the dining room and removed the sexy linoleum from the kitchen..I was sad to see that go. The unfortunate part is the hardwoods are rotting in one spot, which might be cause for tile in the kitchen. I really was looking forward to the charm of hardwoods in the kitchen. They also removed the gutters, which of course prompted a huge downpour. Hopefully we will have new gutters by the end of the week.

Lastly, we don't have pocket doors in between the den and dining room. We were hoping for this, but we can easily put the doors back in.

If you would like to donate to the bluecumberland fund please contact me directly. We will be hosting a lemonade stand in a few weeks. I just need to borrow a kid for cuteness. Takers? No Sean, you don't count :)

1 comment:

  1. i have lots of fond memories of that room (my room?). i will rent you, no, give you brooks and ellsworth for a WHOLE weekend to help with your lemonade stand. consider my ever so humble contribution to your future happiness ;)

    ReplyDelete